Monday, April 29, 2013

Ancestry DNA Test

I am so excited.   I finally was able to order the new Ancestry DNA test that tests both my father's andmy mother's DNA.  I think that I ordered it on Apr. 19 and sent it back on the 20th. Ancestry.com has it startedprocessing on 4-23-2013.  So it's lab processing right now.  I can't wait to get the results back.I had previously took the maternal DNA test and while it was interesting to get the results it didn't match me to people like this one will.According to their website it will map ethnicity going back multiple generations.   The results will include info about my genetic ethinicity predictions and provide me with DNA matches.   The DNA matches is what I am looking forward to so much,
and why I am trying to get all of the people in my tree that belong there and that have been verified to be there.Today I plan on buying
Trace Your Roots with DNA: Use Your DNA to Complete Your Family Tree
by Megan Smolenyak (Author), Ann Turner (Author)
I am going to buy this book to see what else I can learn on DNA and how it will help with my research.

No comments:

Post a Comment