Sunday, May 5, 2013

A Love of History!!!

I consider myself as always having a love of history.  When I was in school, I enjoyed and loved all the history classes I had to take.  My favorite was probably 8th grade history taught by Mr. Chattin.  He taught us so much I think.  Then a history class in high school taught my Ms. Rowden.  Such great teachers.    

I think that I also discovered my love of history from movies.  One of my favorite movies of all time is Gone With the Wind.  For anyone that has seen the movie and you haven't read the book, please please go and find the book and read it, the book is so much better than the actual movie.  I have many copies of both, the movie and the books, I also have many books wrote on the author Margaret Mitchell along with the book and sequel movie by Alexandra Ripley.  Another set of books if you love the movies like these are John Jakes North and South, Love and War, and Heaven and Hell.  Of course they were made into a tv miniseries starring the great Patrick Swayze as Orry Main but once again if you have seen these movies and not read the books please go and get the books.

I go through spells where I will read about different times in history. First came Gone With the Wind, then I went through a spell where I only read on NIcholas and Alexandria.  Nicholas was the last Tsar of Russia, the father of several children including Anastasia.  After that I went and bought everything I could find on the Kennedy family,  ranging from Joseph to JFK"s assasination.  Next came just history in general.  RIght now I seem to be buying a lot of books for my kindle on England's history.    Which is one of the reasons for this post today.

I stumbled upon a great blog this morning on that subject especially the Tudors and the Stuarts.   She blogs on historical events and does book reviews also.   If you have any interest on stuff like this or just curious.  Please take a look at her blog:
The History Lady - A Great Blog!!!!!!


Some other blogs I like to look at and read are:

Victorian Times
Boston 1775
Victorian Peeper
Civil War History
Old Virginia Blog
appalachianhistory
Women of History
Women of History blog
Scandalous Woman
Civil War Women
the history blog
civil war memory
Civil War History
Ancient History



No comments:

Post a Comment