Friday, May 3, 2013

Great Books I have been reading


I have been reading some great books lately.  I have read DNA and Social Networking  by Debbie Kennett and Trace Your Roots With DNA by Megan Smolenyak Smolenyak and Ann Taylor.   I picked these two books since I have taken the Ancestry.Com new DNA test.   I have read both books and really like both.  They are both full of new information that I didn't know, well new info for me anyway.    I know hardly anything about DNA.
I have so many expectations for my genealogy research and things that I would like to accomplish, now its just time to see them through and try to make them happen.    Right now I am just so anxiously awaiting the results of the DNA test.  I am literally checking the Ancestry.com website daily to see if the results have been added yet to my DNA page.   I will post about them as soon as I recieve them.  I have also been trying to get the tree ready that they are attached to, so maybe it will generate more matches.  A more complete tree apparently generates more matches, just depends on how far back you can take your line.  I can say on some of mine as of yet I can't go that far.

No comments:

Post a Comment