Friday, May 3, 2013

Websites


Here lately I have been utilizing TNGENWEB and USGENWEB a lot.  

I have been for the most part taking advantage of the USGENWEB archives pagem and all that it has to offer.  I tried to go through all the notes I had already and made me a list of the place names that went along with each ancestor.    I then got on the archives page and downloaded what ever information that they had for each county of each state that I was looking for.  If you are not familiar please go and check out this page.   You have to go by state, then once you choose a state you then go to the county that you are wanting.   They have a wide variety of information such as: bible records, census records, marriage, death , birth, newspapers, biographies, and more that has been transcribed by great and wonderful volunteers.

I am on TNGENWEB a lot also.   Ill get on that page and will also pick the county I want to look at and see what they have on their home page for that county.   You usually find out a lot about the history of the county, where to go if you visit, and what records they might have online.   You can also most of the time submit your surname and post queries.    Both of these pages have great resources that need to be utilizied.

I have an account thru Family Search which I have not used a lot lately.   I am still trying to figure out the best way to use the search form on Family Search but I do have to say I do love the new layout of the page.  It looks great.   A lot of people say that when they can't find it on Ancestry.com they will then try Family Search of vice versa.   I just have to figure out the best way to use the search form for what I am looking for.





No comments:

Post a Comment